Happy August, my loves! I hope you all had a fabulous July – I know I did! Did you achieve all your goals? I tried & semi-succeeded… Anyway, I had a fun month of family time, a vacation to northern California (written about in this post), visits with friends, & lots of blog progress.
What kind of blog progress, you ask? Well, my blog & social media statistics are steadily increasing each month & this continued through July with my best stats yet! I’m so close to the 1K page-views per month – I can taste it! I have over 100 followers on all social media platforms & am hoping to double those over the next month. A million thanks to all of my followers!
Shameless plug time: If you enjoy reading these blog posts (which I hope you do), don’t wait on social media to tell you what’s been newly posted! Sign up for my weekly newsletter! You can CLICK HERE to sign-up or fill out the form in the sidebar! I only send 1-2 emails per week with notifications of new blog posts PLUS you get access to my free members-only Resource Library! Who doesn’t love free stuff?
Okay, shameless plug over. It’s time to get back to the real reason you are reading this:
Last month, I shared five goals with you:
- Spend Less Time on My Phone – CHECK
- Read 4 Books (2 from the Theatre Reading Challenge) – I read 2 from the challenge and 1,400 pages of A Breath of Snow & Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. I think 7/8 of an Outlander book counts as 2 books, right?
- Edit my Thesis – CHECK
- Get June’s Monologue Performance-Ready & Memorize One More – Yea…only half of this happened…partly…oops
- Practice Mindfulness – I will try not to judge, be patient, be observant, and breathe. – CHECK although I’m human and failed occasionally.
So, all in all, I think I did a decent job on my goals. Do I wish I had done better? Yes. BUT the time that I didn’t spend working on these goals was spent having valuable time with family and friends – time I wouldn’t trade for the world. You can’t be all work and no play. That’s no fun!
Now, I bet you are wondering what my goals are for this month. Me too! I’m figuring them out as I’m writing. Woo-Hoo!
So, on to….drum roll please
1. Get 50 loyal subscribers to the blog –
I’m aiming high, people. I currently have 11 amazing subscribers whom I love & am extremely thankful for. If I only ever have these 11 subscribers, that’s fine by me – they are great – but I’d love to share the wealth & love
. So, join us!
2. Read 3 books (2 from the Theatre Reading Challenge) –
I’m shortening this from last month slightly because I start back up with school & work this month – less time for reading…
3. Find a healthy balance with the blog, school, work, & fun –
I don’t want to be stressed this year. I want to find a balance before things get too crazy & busy. This goal includes writing blog posts plenty of time in advance – we will see how that goes…
4. Rehab up to being able to survive both of my dance classes this semester –
I have been struggling with cardio ever since contracting HSP-Vasculitis. Right now, I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to do 1 hour & 15 minutes of intense cardio 4 days a week but I have faith that I can get my body ready for it! I have been working all summer for this, after all. Baby steps.
5. Enjoy my last few weeks of summer –
It is my last summer as a student after all. Next year, I have to join the real world….great…
So there you have it – my goals for August! I’m aiming high but as Norman Vincent Peale said:
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
Thanks for reading! What are your August goals?
Comment below & I’ll help hold you accountable!