Is it really already February?! I feel like January just started! So much has happened in the past month. Yet, it all still managed to fly by.
But seriously! So much happened – good and bad. Which is why I’m going to mix things up a bit this month and share my highs and lows first. I just want to share the madness that was January with you. 🙂
- Officially Started My New Job! I am on the marketing team in the real-estate industry – we remodel homes with a modern flair and then offer them at rent-to-own rates! It’s pretty cool. I am the Social Media Manager and Blog Author. I also help out with billboards, promotions, photography and advertising. There is always something to do in the office! 🙂 Long story short, I love my job and my coworkers – and no, this is not me sucking up in case they read this. Unless they do, and it works, in which case – WOOHOO!
- Had Two Good Auditions – I didn’t get cast for either audition but I am proud of how they went and I learned from the experiences. After all, that’s what’s important.
- Finally Updated My Performance Site – I have been needing to do this for months and finally got around to it. Plus, I uploaded videos from my recital to Youtube! Check out the new site HERE!
- Home-Sickness – We have had some family health issues this month. Plus, my great-grandmother passed away. She lived 100 beautiful years and passed calmly and happily – so although I miss her, she is in a happier place without the hindrances of her walker and oxygen tank. Times like these do make me wish I lived closer to home though. I wish I had been able to attend the funeral and help out with the other health complications (everyone is doing much better now, by the way). It’s hard living 17 hours away from home. Thank God for technology. 🙂
- Relapse – In the past week, I have had a minor relapse. My HSP-Vasculitis flared up on my dominant hand in a very noticeable way. I saw my doctor today and we don’t think it is cause for alarm and are just going to increase my medicine and put me back on prednisone for 10 days. You all know how much I hate Prednisone… BUT I’m tough and I’ll get past it. This being said, it has kept me from doing a lot recently. For example, I’m going to have to finish writing this tomorrow because the ulcer is swelling and hurts. I’m bummed that means this post will go live late but I have to rest my hand. You’ll forgive me, right? Haha
8 Days Later….
Well, I lied. Things got busy – again – and I’m just now getting back to writing this post. Better late than never, right?
Seriously though, I really do miss writing consistent content for y’all. So, let’s get on with my February Goals – where I will work my hardest to make consistent content a priority!
Post Twice A Week –
Before the New Year began, I was publishing new content on a regular basis. I was really enjoying sharing updates, tips, etc with you all. Plus, I love hearing back from you. I miss reading about your lives! So, I promise to start publishing content two times a week! 🙂
Create A Social Schedule –
I have a schedule for posting but I need to make one for social media. I had it all figured out when I was still in school but now that I have a completely different daily routine, I need to make a new plan for engaging with you all. Thank God for Buffer & Hootsuite, am I right?
Find A New Apartment –
It’s a long story but I am trying to move out of my current apartment by the end of the month. The quality and prices of apartments in Oklahoma is different than in South Carolina because the home market is stronger here. I have to adjust my priorities and budget a bit – but it will all work out.
Eat Out Less –
I have been so busy that I have been eating out instead of planning and cooking my meals. If I’m going to get a new apartment, I need to start using my fast food money for application and move-in fees. Plus, I should just quit eating so much junk.
Read More –
I really need to finish my Theatre Reading Challenge soon so this month I will read one book from that list. I also joined Show Your Blog Love’s Book Club so I need to read that book as well. I figure those will be enough to keep me relaxed and occupied for a month.
I think that’s enough goals for now. I need to stop being so ambitious and focus on a few things at a time. I tend to get excited and try to do too much which backfires into things like relapse or fatigue.
Oh! I guess I should let y’all know that I am doing much better than I was when I started this post. The ulcer has diminished into a scar and the pain is gone. We think it was just an “ember from the initial case” – the HSP not wanting to go away. Hopefully, this doesn’t happen again. Keep your fingers crossed! 🙂
If you want to see what I’ve been working on in my time away from Glitter & Grandeur, here are some of my posts for the Kalidy Homes Blog!
- Before & After Kalidy Style – Exterior at Landsbrook
- Kalidy Homes Fun at the OKC Home + Garden Show
- Before & After Kalidy Style – Bathroom at Shady Tree
- Tenant Testimonials – Ramer Family Edition
- Before & After Kalidy Style – Kitchen at Howard House
- Friends for Life: New Years Resolutions
Anyway, I’m so excited to get back to Glitter & Grandeur! I can’t wait to catch up with you all!
What are your February goals? Comment below and share!