Well, we are officially in the third month of the year. Can you believe it? I feel like time goes by faster in the adult world. In school, it felt like it took an eternity for spring break to come around. Now, I feel like I just rang in the new year! Where did the time go?
Anyway, now seems like a good time to follow-up on how I’m doing with maintaining my New Year’s Resolutions. 🙂 My motto for the past few months has been “slow and steady wins the race”. Reminding myself to stay calm and not overdo it has been vital in keeping my sanity. I say this like I know what sanity is… Ha!
Anyway, Angela over at The Clutter Box Blog shared the idea of doing a resolutions update with me – because she is a genius – and I’m super excited to participate in this collaboration with her. 🙂
So, let’s get started!
- Expand My Reach – Honestly, I’ve been so busy recently with work, auditions, relapses, and moving that I haven’t put a lot of effort into blog promotion. I’m still working on finding that balance. I have big plans that will be strictly followed once I get settled into my new apartment – but until then, I’m just letting my reach grow organically. Baby steps.
- Make a Profit – HA! That’s a funny joke. Based on my progress, laid out above, it’s safe to assume this has not happened yet.
- Continue to Spread Sparkle – I am doing this! Although I’m not posting as consistently as I had hoped, all the content I publish is good quality. You know what they say, “quality over quantity”. 🙂 I’ve also been able to strengthen relationships with several bloggers I admire and we have worked to spread sparkle together.
In case you missed them, here are some recent posts that spread sparkle:
- Practice Self-Care – Since I’ve already had minor relapses twice this year, I’ve been taking care of myself a lot more. I’m really learning how to listen to my body and find times to rest and recuperate. I can’t wait to have clean water again so I can reincorporate baths into my self-care routine. Bath bombs are calling my name! Recently, I’ve been forcing myself to stop being productive and relax or sleep. It helps! Why haven’t I been doing this all along?!
- Live – I’m getting better at this. There are some weeks when I’m a hermit – but those are usually the weeks that I’ve started to relapse. I went to a Valentine’s Party, Super Bowl party, movies, and dinners with friends. I sang in a Valentine’s Cabaret, too!
- Stop Stressing – Relapses have forced me to do this as well. I’m still not perfect – haven’t figured out how to stop stressing once I’ve started – but I have learned how to say “no” in order to prevent stress from beginning. That’s a good start, right?
- Save – I did really well with this in January! Then, last month I had to get 4 new tires, more prescription medications, and a new apartment….I’ll start saving again soon.
- Be Happy – DONE! Things might be crazy but I’m loving every minute of it.
- Maintain My Health – I’m trying…. Minor relapses keep occurring but I’m hoping to get those under control ASAP.
- Take Weekend Trips – So far I haven’t had a weekend that wasn’t booked (except for the two when I was trying to prevent my relapses from getting worse). I need to save up again and then this can start happening.
- Keep Improving My Musical Theatre Skills – I’ve been taking voice lessons twice a month this year and it’s been very helpful! I’m still auditioning and performing which is a great motivator for practicing. I do need to start setting aside practice time in advance though…Right now I just do it in the car or when I find time. I need a better schedule…
- Read – I am doing this! I joined a book club with Show Your Blog Love Bloggers and am reading one book a month for that. I’ve also been reading for fun and working on completing my Theatre Reading Challenge on the side.
- Be Kind – I think I’ve been doing this…my sass has come out a couple of times and I need to work on my road rage in the mornings…but otherwise I think I’ve been kind… 🙂
So, I guess all in all I’m doing pretty well with maintaining my resolutions. Some have had more progress than others – but that’s how life works. Am I right?
That being said, it has been a long day so I’m going to end this post here and go practice some self-care or reading (or both)!
Make sure to click over to The Clutter Box Blog to check in on Angela! She has been hard at work on her New Year’s Intentions. Her work ethic never fails to inspire me!
Have you been hard at work on your New Year’s Resolutions?
Comment below and share your successes! I’d love to hear!