Well, I guess it’s time to make some resolutions. I can’t believe 2016 is almost over! This past year has been the hardest year of my life – but it also brought about so many amazing opportunities.
I had a long journey with the autoimmune disease HSP-Vasculitis. I was on Prednisone for about 7 months and bed-rest for 5. The pain was torture. I thought I was dying.
But all that pain brought about so much joy.
I learned how to find the positivity in every situation – good or bad.
I found my passion for writing.
I started Glitter & Grandeur.
I was able to spend a relaxing and healing summer at home with my amazing family.
I had a fantastic family vacation in California.
I made new friends and strengthened old friendships.
I got off Prednisone (and onto lighter medications).
I had a tonsillectomy. No more strep!
I started dancing again and learned how to belt.
I rekindled my passion for performing.
I had a fantastic graduate musical theatre recital.
I completed my thesis.
I graduated with my Masters of Music in Musical Theatre degree (a semester late but with much more knowledge).
I got a full-time job in marketing/social-media/blogging.I quit my retail job (after 6 years).
I discovered how to truly believe in myself and my abilities
I learned how to feel beautiful again.
I’m really excited to see what 2017 will bring. I don’t know exactly what I want to do with my future but I do know I want to continue bettering myself and the blog. So that is what I will focus on this year. Everything else will work itself out with time. So here they are, my New Years Resolutions!
- Expand My Reach – I still consider myself a newbie blogger. After all, Glitter & Grandeur is only 8 months old! I know; I can’t believe it either. In 2017, I want to increase my statistics and following. I would love to have at least 200 subscribers to the blog and 1K followers on each social media account. That should be pretty achievable.
- Make a Profit – I haven’t done any sponsored posts through G&G but now that I am more secure in my abilities, I want to branch out and start making some money. I’ll probably start with sponsored posts and see where things go from there.
- Continue to Spread Sparkle – This is the most important resolution. 2016 taught me how important positivity is. I have been blessed with an opportunity to spread joy to others. Through G&G, I have come into contact with 6 other women with HSP-Vasculitis. We have been able to give each other hope and comfort. I want to continue helping others find the hope and positivity in the trials that life brings.
- Practice Self-Care – I tend to push myself too hard. Relaxing is not in my regular repertoire. I always have to be doing something productive – or else I feel guilty. In 2017, I want to find a way to relax and de-stress and believe that I deserve it.
- Live – I will have more free time now that I only have two jobs (I used to have 4). Plus, I’m done with school. I don’t want to go home each night and watch Netflix or spend weekends alone. I refuse to become a hermit. This year, I will explore. I will get out and have fun. I finally have time so I am going to do it!
- Stop Stressing – As I said earlier, I am always stressed. I worry about the tiniest things and tend to make them into scary, stressful events. I don’t know how, but I will find a way to let go. It’s time to roll with the punches and stop making anthills into mountains.
- Save – I want to become smarter with my money this year. My goal is to be financially comfortable by the end of the year.
- Be Happy – I will chose happiness. I talk about positivity all the time on here and I want to continue that throughout 2017.
- Maintain My Health – I (finally) am back to my goal weight and have good blood work. I will practice healthy eating (with some dessert, coffee, and wine, of course – I’m not crazy) and get back in the gym. Now is the time to get my muscles back!
- Take Weekend Trips – I will have weekends for the first time since I was in elementary school. Why not use that time to visit friends and see new places?!
- Keep Improving My Musical Theatre Skills – Although I have a full-time job in marketing/social media/blogging, I don’t want to give up on my performing ambitions. It’s important to keep practicing, learning, and auditioning.
- Read – I miss reading for fun. So, I resolve to start back up. I’ll make more reading challenges so we can all be motivated to read!
- Be Kind – It is so easy to focus on ourselves and forget about everyone else. I want to spread kindness – spread happiness – spread sparkle. I resolve to be a helping hand, a light in the darkness, a smiling face.
Those are enough resolutions for now. They seem achievable and maintainable. I didn’t want to make any resolutions that I would give up on by February.
So much can happen in a year. I don’t know what major life events I want to happen by the end of 2017 – what career I want to be in, where I want to live, or what milestones I want to pass. All I know is that I want to be a better person – and that is enough. I think that is something everyone should strive for.
What are your New Years Resolutions? Comment below! I’d love to see what you are aspiring to accomplish in 2017!
I wish you all a fabulous 2017! Go Spread Sparkle!