You guys! How is it already November first?! This is not okay. I need time to slow down a little bit. I have too much to do! My graduate recital is on the 20th. My thesis is due around that time. I graduate in December. I’m trying to replace my on-campus job since I lose it once I’m no longer a student. Audition applications, writing – oh and having a social life (or trying to). Am I the only one who is this busy? (If you are feeling overwhelmed make sure to read this week’s Motivational Monday post).
Then again, I got a lot done this month. I was very productive. I’m on the final edits of my thesis. My recital is memorized – just needs a little tweaking (plus a second outfit). I have updated both of my résumés (work and performance) and have managed to have a semblance of a social life. So I can do it again in November, right? I have already done the hard stuff. Maybe this month will be a breeze.
So, did I accomplish all of my goals for October?
Let’s recap – my October Goals were:
- 1500 Page Views and 50 Subscribers – I had over 17,000 page views and have 55 amazing subscribers! I am feeling #blessed. 🙂 I often find myself comparing Glitter & Grandeur’s growth to other blogs. That is not fair. G&G is only 7 months old! It is okay that it is growing slowly. Not every blog can get thousands of views and subscribers overnight. I am happy with my progress and I am extremely grateful for each and every one of my followers.
- 50 More Followers on Each Social Media Platform – I exceeded my expectations here too! I got more than 50 new subscribers on each platform (except Bloglovin’). Thanks to all of you who follow G&G on social media!
- Read 2 Theatre Reading Challenge Books – I read one… I also read 2/3 of an acting technique book for my on-camera acting class but I have already completed that portion of my challenge so it doesn’t count.
- Save More & Spend Less – Kind of? I didn’t really spend less but I put my money towards different things and I did put more in savings than I usually do… so I sort of accomplished this? Maybe?
- Establish a Morning Routine – Total fail. What can I say? This girl loves to sleep. I made a routine! I just didn’t do it…not even once. I really need to end my relationship with the snooze button. I’m just having a hard time letting go. It’s the most stable relationship I’ve ever had… It is always there for me….
All in all, I did pretty well with my October goals. Since I have so much going on this month and lots of life changes coming in the future, I am going to reformat my goals post this month. It is time to get organized and introduce categories! Since I will be so busy, I think it will be more beneficial for me to give myself some personal/fun goals as well. If you work hard, you need to find time to play hard as well. Right? So here goes…
2,000 Page Views and 100 Email Subscribers
Since I surpassed my goals last month, I think I can make this happen.
50 New Followers on Each Social Media Platform
I did it last month. I can do it again. If you don’t already follow me, scroll up and click the links at the very top left corner of the page. If you like what you see, you should follow!
Start a Thankfulness Thread for the Month
After all, it is November – the month of Thanksgiving. Well, that and football rivalries. Ha! I haven’t decided what this will be yet. It could be a weekly (or bi-weekly) blog post about thankfulness. A weekly Instagram image of something I’m thankful for. Daily tweet. A hashtag…. What do you all want to see? I’d love some suggestions!
Make a Schedule for Blog Promotions
I consistently plan my Buffer feed for Twitter and Facebook at the beginning of each week but I tend to fall behind on my Boardbooster boards. I also spend way too much time on Facebook group threads promoting my blog and supporting others. Some nights I’m up till midnight finishing content! I need to find a way to prioritize which threads should be done each day.
Apply for Jobs and Internships
I have worked multiple jobs (simultaneously) for the past five years. I currently have 3 jobs! Juggling all those schedules is exhausting. Plus, it makes taxes a lot harder to file. I want to have one steady job that pays my bills. I could live with having one bill-paying job and one fun-paying job. Two jobs would be okay, but three is too much. Plus the blog – which I hope to monetize one day.
Save for Christmas
Winter is coming, you guys! Well, maybe. It is still 80 degrees here – in November! What is this madness?! Anyway, I need to start saving to buy Christmas presents and my flight home.
Read Two Theatre Reading Challenge Books
I will have plenty of time to read over Thanksgiving break and during my flights to and from home. I think I can do it. Plus, my library books will be due at the end of the month so I have that as motivation. (Make sure to click over to my Theatre Reading Challenge and join me!)
Try Something New
I have lived here for almost 3 years and I still only go to the same 5 places whenever I need something to do or somewhere to eat. It is past time to branch out.
I could think of more goals but I think this is enough for now. If I accomplish more, so be it – but I’ll aim for these first. I’ve been told I’m an overly ambitious person. It’s a fact I’ve accepted and embraced. 🙂 I think November will be a very productive month. I can feel it. 🙂
What are your goals for November? Comment below!