Happy October, my loves! I cannot believe it is already fall! Don’t get me wrong, I adore this season – it just snuck up on me! I’m ready to break out my boots (let’s be honest, I did that a week ago), snuggle in loose sweaters, have all things pumpkin, and eat all the Halloween candy. Okay…not all of it. I am trying to tone up….but I feel a couple cheat days coming on. It’s also time to set some October Goals! How is it already that time?!
So far, October is off to a great start! I slept in this morning, made low-calorie pumpkin spice muffins, and am now sitting down with coffee to publish this post for you all. My friend is getting married this afternoon and I’m hoping to meet a nice guy at the reception (single and proud, over here). I hope your October is beginning just as splendidly.
Before I jump over to my October goals, let’s get an update on my successes and failures from September. Yes, I fail occasionally – no one is perfect.
- 1500 Page Views for Glitter & Grandeur – Big, fat fail. I was pretty much a slacker when it came to blogging this month. I caught a cold, worked on my thesis, and focused predominately on my recital. I am not too upset about this failure because I did beat my stats from last month with 1,075 page views; so at least I improved.
- 50 Email Subscribers to Glitter & Grandeur – I got close! I have 36 amazing email subscribers. I’ll shoot for this goal again next month. I have faith!
- Add a Gratitude Page to my Bullet Journal – I did this and I love it! Once I find a format that I love, I will write a post all about my bullet journal. I’ll even let you in on some of my secrets. 🙂
- Read 2 Books from my Theatre Reading Challenge – Success! I read the libretto of Showboat and the script of Peter & the Starcatcher. They were great and I recommend them to all of you.
- Regain my Self-Confidence – Another success! This month, I finally worked off all the weight I gained from being on Prednisone for 7 months (that story here). I still want to tone up some more but I am finally feeling confident in my body again. I hated knowing that the weight gain was not my fault. It was a constant reminder of my struggle. I’m so glad it’s gone. Those secrets will be shared soon, too. 🙂 My voice is improving leaps and bounds; so that confidence is back as well. My scars are fading and I’m feeling great. It is a beautiful thing to feel confident in your own skin.
I even started a new blog series!
At the end of September (yesterday…), I launched my new Playlist Series. Each month, I will release a new playlist. What kinds of playlists would you like to me to make for you? I am open to any suggestions! You can check out The Ultimate Mood-Boosting Get Happy Playlist HERE.
Now, onto my goals for October. This will be a busy month with finishing my thesis, getting my recital memorized (performance is Nov. 20), and looking for a job post-graduation. I’m aiming pretty high again but I think I can accomplish my goals and graduate. Wish me luck!
1500 Page Views & 50 Subscribers –
I’m trying again for this one! I know if I blog consistently again, I can make this happen. PS. If you haven’t subscribed to my newsletter, you should! The subscription form is in striped box in the sidebar – just scroll up! 🙂
50 More Followers on each Social Media Platform –
I am hoping to apply for a social media management job to start in the spring. At the moment, my social media stats are good but I want them to be FANTASTIC. This way I can prove that I am qualified for the job. Help me out – scroll up and in the top right corner of the page are links to all my social media. If you like what you see, give me a follow or a shout-out. Thanks, loves!
Read 2 Theatre Reading Challenge Books –
After this, I will only have 7 more books to read. I’m down to the novels so I’m going a little slower. Plus, you know, I have to read for school too…. It’s a good thing I enjoy reading.
Save More & Spend Less –
I have been on a spending binge recently. I started working retail again and have been struggling to not buy clothes. Also, I impulse bought a portable grand piano this week…I could afford it without dipping into my savings but if I keep this up, I might have a problem. First world problems, am I right?
Establish a Morning Routine –
By the end of each week, I’m very fatigued. I believe this is because I don’t have a consistent sleep schedule. I’m hoping that establishing a routine each morning will make me wake up at the same time, be healthier, and well-rested.
Well, those are my October Goals! I think I can accomplish all of this especially since I have been feeling very productive recently. 🙂
Make sure to click over to Instagram to check out my new character make-up series for October. I will be sharing pictures of my favorite characters over the years. Perk of being an actress: everyday is Halloween!
What are your goals for October? Share them in the comments and I’ll help hold you accountable!
Happy October and Spread Sparkle, my loves!