Happy September, my loves! I hope August treated you well! I, personally, am happy to say au revoir and move on to September. August wasn’t a bad month; it just wasn’t the best. It’s time to leave it in the dust and set some September goals!
This past month I moved back to the Midwest after spending the entire summer at home rehabilitating with my family. For those of you who are new here, I have been battling a really fun autoimmune disease since December (which you can read about HERE) resulting in me having my tonsils removed (that story is HERE). Needless to say, I needed some R&R and support from my family. Plus, I was able to really focus on getting this bad boy up and running. I mean, the blog…I’m not sure why I called it a “bad boy” – Glitter & Grandeur is obviously female. Anyway, my summer was nice and relaxing and I was not excited to get back to reality. You know…adulthood. Ug.
So, I left home and settled back into my apartment. I ended up majorly redecorating because I desperately needed a fresh start. It was very therapeutic. Then school started. (insert ominous yet also empowering music) At this university, the first week of classes is rough. You have school, and auditions, and call-backs, and if you get cast (I didn’t) you have rehearsals. Add in basically relearning how to sing after all of my health issues, and you have this past week in a nutshell. It was stressful.
As you can probably tell, I’m ready for a new month – a new start. Let’s try this final semester of graduate school thing again.
But, before I start September, let’s look at how I did with my August goals.
If you remember my goals were:
- Get 50 loyal subscribers to the blog – I have an amazing 25 subscribers and I love them all. Although I didn’t achieve this goal, I did get over 1,000 pageviews this month – a new record!
- Read 3 books (2 from the Theatre Reading Challenge) – I read one book from the challenge and over 300 pages of An Echo in the Bone – I think 300 pages counts as a book…kinda…right?
- Find a healthy balance with the blog, school, work, & fun. – Yea, this failed big time. I haven’t posted anything new on here in the past two weeks. I’m sorry.
- Rehab up to being able to survive both of my dance classes this semester – Huge success! I am surviving my dance classes! Woo-hoo!
- Enjoy my last few weeks of summer – This was accomplished. Enough said. 😉
August wasn’t as successful as I had hoped but I got a good many things accomplished. It’s time to try again with a whole new list.
SO, without further ado, here are my September Goals:
- Get 1500 pageviews for the month – I think this is achievable if I really crack down and blog consistently again.
- Get a total of at least 50 loyal subscribers to the blog – If you haven’t subscribed yet, fill out the form in the sidebar or click HERE! I would love to have you join my tribe! I don’t bite – always.
- Add a gratitude page to my bullet journal – I love bullet journaling but I tend to get distracted by making to-do lists instead of using it to focus on the good in my life. Side-bar: if you like bullet journals or want to learn about them, click HERE for my free Bullet Journal Topic Guide.
- Read 2 Books from my Theatre Reading Challenge – Find the challenge HERE
- Regain my self-confidence – As a performer, I tend to put a lot of focus on my appearance. Since being sick, I have felt self-conscious about my body, my scars, my everything. I’m sick of it! It takes too much energy to tear yourself down. I’m going to build myself back up and love my body again. Maybe I’ll write a post about this journey too.
So there you have it – my September Goals! I think they are achievable. I’m determined to get my life together this month by balancing my many responsibilities while also enjoying life.
As J.K. Rowling said, “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”
Get out there and make the impossible possible!
What are your goals for the month? Comment below and I’ll help support you and hold you accountable!